We have announced a revised timetable and service enhancements for our Bluestar 2 route.
We have taken on board customer feedback and made changes to journey times and frequency on the route - which runs between Southampton, Eastleigh and Fair Oak.
“We have increased the frequency from every 20 minutes to up to every 15, as well as introducing extra morning and evening journeys, to improve reliability and punctuality,” said our managing director, Andrew Wickham.
“Having looked very closely at our offering here, we’re pleased to be making Bluestar 2 an even more attractive option for those living and working in the area. Those who leave their cars at home and journey with us will benefit from easy and comfortable travel - whilst at the same time helping to ease congestion in the region.”
Cllr David Airey, Eastleigh Borough Council cabinet member for transport, welcomed the changes: “It is a pleasure to see Bluestar 2 going from strength to strength,” he said. “The new 15 minute frequency will be welcomed by passengers, whether for work, education, shopping or leisure. Excellent, frequent and reliable bus services provide a real alternative to car travel.”
Summary of changes:
- General frequency increased from up to every 20 minutes to up to every 15 minutes.
- Weekday 6.35am Robin Square to Fair Oak will now start at Southampton to give an earlier northbound journey.
- New additional Monday to Saturday journeys at 7.50pm and 8.50pm from Southampton to Eastleigh.
- New additional weekday journey at 5.34am from Eastleigh to Southampton.
- Monday to Saturday at 6.40pm from Fair Oak to Eastleigh extended to Southampton.
- Monday to Saturday journey at 12.30am from Southampton to Eastleigh extended to Fair Oak.